From Vancouver Planning
This page serves as a table of contents for articles listed in the category Chronology-Milestones.
- The pages, or articles, in this Chronology-Milestones category and in the sister Chronology-Sources category are resource tools for the Vancouver City Planning Commission's collaborative project to create a chronology of significant milestones in Vancouver's planning and development history.
- Each page is dedicated to one milestone, or significant transformative event, with date and descriptor of the event as the title of the page. In combination, the page titles generate a chronological list of these significant events.
- The guidelines for creating a Milestone page are described in the first items in the list below.
- Read about the VCPC Chronology Project.
Pages in category "Chronology-Milestones"
The following 18 pages are in this category, out of 18 total.
- 1889 Construction of Wing Sang building
- 1929 Amalgamation of Vancouver, South Vancouver and Point Grey
- 1954 Little Mountain Public Housing Project
- 1968 Council abandoned freeways plan
- 1971 Chinatown and Gastown Designated Historic Areas
- 1972 Agricultural Land Reserve Established
- 1973 Arthur Erickson Design for Robson Square
- 1989 View Protection Guidelines protect scenic view corridors and redefine Vancouver's skyline
- 1990 City adopts an environmental agenda based on the ‘Clouds of Change: Final Report’
- 1991 ‘Central Area Plan’ consolidates the Central Business District and introduces new residential density
- 1992 CityPlan’s innovative public engagement process enables public-backed urban development
- 1993 888 Beach Avenue establishes 'Tower Podium' typology
- 1997 "Higher Building Study" redefines Vancouver's skyline
- 1997 Significant Asian immigration and investment in Vancouver in anticipation of the Hong Kong ‘turnover’ to China